Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Budget Friendly Centerpiece!

This weekend is the first of our 6 weddings scheduled for February. I want to share a photo of the Mock Centerpiece we just put together for our February 7th bride. She LOVED it!! I can proudly say it is an original (to us) design and was VERY budget friendly! I can't wait to see how this looks on her tables. We are pairing these with miniature silver pine cones , crystal place settings with silver beaded charger plates and fresh red rose petals on black matte satin table clothes.

The biggest surprise for the guests will be the 3 foot by 6 foot silver hand made sleigh to house the wedding cake and wedding cards! That was QUITE the project! My client had a family friend make this for them and when the final result was delivered it looked more like a silver snowmobile than an elegant sleigh! LOL! After we laughed (and cried) a little while, we re-worked some design schematics and WOLLA! we had a perfect, elegant and awe inspiring piece of decor SURE to spark a comment or two...

We will be doing entry way trees with a soft white lighting to offer a "trail" of Winter Wonderland trees for guests to walk through before entering the ballroom. I am sure this event will be perfect and I am excited to execute our design! Nicole & Nick were one of my favorite couples. I wish them nothing but the best! I am thankful I was allowed to part of their special day!!